Java Network Launch Protocol
Java Network Launch Protocol files are supported in Java plug-in and JNLP file points to Java applets or applications.
JNLP file link can be added on a Web page to automatically run the Java program or applet.
JNLP files can also run in the Java Web Start application which is included in Java.
If java program or applet is blocked by java security like above issue, Needs to update the java security in java control panel.
Below steps are based on linux environment(Fedora 24).
- Open a Terminal window.
- Change user as root: $ su -
- Go to Java installation directory: $cd /usr/java/
- Check the jdk version installed:$ls
- Go to java bin directory: $cd jdk1.8.0_144/bin/
- Open java control panel: $./ControlPanel
- Go to security tab and update 'Exception site list' for particular website url.
- Open *.jnlp file again using command: $sudo javaws *.jnlp
Enabling the Java Console for Linux environment(Fedora 24).
- Open the Java control panel.
- Click the Advanced tab in Java control panel.
- Select Show console option under the Java Console section.