MS SQL Server Introduction
MS SQL Server is a relational database management and analysis system for e-commerce, line-of-business, and data warehousing solutions. It is developed by Microsoft.
SQL Server 2000, includes support for XML and HTTP, performance and availability features to partition load and ensure up-time, and advanced management and tuning functionality to automate routine tasks.
SQL Server is an industry leader in operational database management systems (ODBMS).
Management Studio enables you to access and manage the Database Engine, Analysis Manager, and SQL Query Analyzer in one tool, together with the ability to write Transact-SQL, MDX, XMLA, and XML statements.
SQL Server Technologies
- Database Engine: Core service for storing, processing, and securing data. Database Engine provides rich support for high availability and transaction processing.
- Integration Services: A platform for building high performance data integration solutions, including packages that provide extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing for data warehousing.
- Analysis Services: An analytical data platform for business intelligence, traditional OLAP solutions, new tabular modeling solutions and Data Mining.
- Reporting Services: Delivers enterprise, Web-enabled reporting functionality. We can also create reports from a variety of data sources and publish reports in various formats.
- Machine Learning Services: Supports integration of machine learning, using the popular R and Python languages, into enterprise workflows.
- SQL Server Data Quality Services (DQS): DQS enables you to build a knowledge base, and then use that knowledge base to perform data correction and deduplication on your data.
- Replication: A set of technologies for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another, and then synchronizing between databases to maintain consistency.
- Master Data Services: SQL Server solution for master data management. Master Data Services helps to ensure that reporting and analysis is based on the right information.
Structured Query Language
- The language to access data objects from the SQL server is known as Structured Query Language (SQL).
- SQL has reduced the need for lengthy programming to access data.
- SQL addresses data in combination of rows and ccolumns.
- Query language is used to retrieve, replace, add and delete data in SQL Server database.